Thursday, March 29, 2007

Quotes with comments

Orson Welles
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people.

With America's portions what they are, I have done my fair share of overeating. Most definitely dinners for two but I think on occasion I have had enough for four.

George Carlin
Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong.

This one is for my Mom. We love to camp. Love it! And we have our favorite campgrounds including our favorite sites. So this year we were all set to make our reservations. We woke up early, logged on in advance. Had everything set to go the moment it turned 8am. You see in Michigan registration is EXACTLY 6 months before the date of check-in. And there are certain parks that fill up within 5 minutes. And the certain park that we love, happens to be one of them. So day one we both failed to get in. Day 2, I got in and my Mom did not. Even though she had both the internet registration site and a phone call into the so called "50 phone receptionist" All is worked out now and our camping plans for the 2007 camping season are made. I will get to sleep by my favorite tree, hike my favorite trails and eat camp food to my hearts content. And I don't see anything wrong with that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I prefer to think of it as "being one with nature"! lol Although we have done our share of sleeping by the trees! I am so thankful that our reservations are made and we will have time to hike many trails, count many stars,watch many of God's creatures and share these memories for years to come! You are a blessing to us and we are so proud of you! Love and kisses!

Karen Hossink said...

Years ago we completely re-did our kitchen and during the make-over I went about a week without a kitchen sink. I either washed dishes in the shower or under the spicket on the side of the house. Someone told me, with a cheery voice, "It's just like you're camping!"
Problem is, I don't like camping!
OK, it's fine once in awhile, but thinking about camping didn't make washing the dishes outside any more enjoyable...
I'm glad you got your site. Have fun!

Bek said...

camping is one of our favorites too...family & nature....can't beat it!

KelseyChristine said...

haha I like the first one!

I tried emailing you but I kept getting a failure notice...

My email address is kelcctsn22 at yahoo dot com

Maybe you could try emailing me first and I can just reply to it? I'm not sure why it isn't going through...