Wednesday, February 07, 2007

This week in pics

Burr it's cold outside. To go to the car we have been making the kids suit up in snow pants along with hat, mittens and scarves.

Must days this just adds a few minutes to our routine. This morning I had to wake them both up to take their dad to work. DD just laid there while I suited her up. Half way through she said, "I am still sleeping." Then conked back out.


My girlfriend dropped of a traveling treasure box the other day. It is a part of Freecycle. It is a tote filled with children's toys, puzzles and books. The idea is to take things that you want and replace it with things from your own home. Clean, gently used items. It is a great idea. The box travels from home to home with a constant give and take there is always something new. Little girl absolutely adores this talking Dora doll. She takes it everywhere. Dear son also found some cool treasures. It was fun going through our toys to see what we could pass on that some other kid might enjoy. Inside the tote is also a journal of where the tote has traveled to and what each person thought of their treasures. To participate you should be a freecycle member, the name of the treasure box we had was Krystynn.


In the midst of my auditions and dental work my kids spent some time with my parents. My mom was working on some crocheting projects, scarves for the granddaughters and a baby blanket for a birthday gift for my niece. DS was fascinated by it. When we went out shopping, he bought a few things; hair gel, a ball of yarn and a crochet hook. Before we were out of the parking lot he was already starting. Now, I have never crocheted! I do not know a thing about how to do it. I know you have yarn and a hook and that's about it. I advised we wait for grandma to show him how to start it. He replied "Don't worry mom, I know how to do it." More power to you kid. By the time we had traveled the 2 miles home he had a good little chain going. He plopped himself down in the chair and continued to crochet for the next hour and a half. When he finally stopped for dinner the chain was 6 feet long. You go boy!

Grandma came by for lesson two going back the other direction, they tried a dish cloth but DS found that a little too complex. I think he is going to stick to making chains for now.

My hubby is intimidated by newborns. He held his own children the day they were born. When it comes to other people's new babies he has never really wanted to hold them. When my sister-in-law had their baby in August, hubby said he would not hold his new nephew for a few months. The other night they were over and my SIL plopped her son in hubby's arms. It had been a few months. I love this picture.


Fingers still numb. Going back upstairs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can just picture that
"I am still sleeping." line
TOO CUTE.

That traveling treasure box sounds like a great idea. Hadn't heard of that one.

Put a space heater by the puter.

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Our lows were in the low teens last week, but nothing like you're having there.

Like your Dad said, get a small space heater for the basement beside the puter.

I love the pic of hubby and his nephew. And he HAS muscled up and toned up since the last pic you posted on here!

I'm a Freecycle member, but it's in Jonesboro, and as far as I know I'm the only member in Bay. The travelling box things sounds like a great idea, though.

Stay warm. :-)

Susy Q said...

Thank YOU for stopping by MY blog!

My family has never tried injera either, but we definetely should sometime we bring my younger sibling home. I hear it's tasty!

Anonymous said...

I love those pics.