Friday, February 23, 2007

This Week in our World

SATURDAY-
I went to get my blood drawn for a routine check. The kids went with me and I gave them a play by play of what was going on. They both thought it was pretty cool. Some of the best field trips are unplanned everyday life.

SUNDAY-
RESCUE Dear son spent the night at his cousin's house. In the morning they went out to play. They were playing in the snow and climbing trees. The next thing my sister-in-law knows her son is asking for help. MY SON is hanging upside-down in the tree. Adrenaline kicked in and my SIL rushed to his aide. He was hanging by a string on his boots upside-down. Thankfully it was a low branch and she was able to reach him form the ground. Brings new meaning to "by your boot straps."

MONDAY-
I will be enjoying a woman's retreat for homeschooling mothers next week. On Monday night I got together with three other woman who will be leading worship for the retreat. Songs I know well but have not heard in a long time. I look forward to serving with these woman and getting to know them better.

TUESDAY-
With temps in the high 40's we went outdoors and made our snow family.

WEDNESDAY-
The weather was irresistible! The snow was still covering the ground but temps were again the 40's and there was no wind. We decided to be track detectives and headed out to the nature center. We took a nice hike and found turkey, squirrel, deer tracks a more. The most interesting discovery was that of rabbit remains and what looked to be coyote tracks.
After the nature center we went to the zoo to see what it is like during the winter months. To our delight many animals were out enjoying the day. Our favorite was the otter. Last summer the zoo built a new otter exhibit with an underwater viewing deck. The kids had never been there while the otters were swimming. On Tuesday the one otter was especially playful, racing with the kids up and down the glass and even playing peek-a-boo. If the kids would turn he would whip right around and chase after them. It was really fun to watch.
Field trips need not be planned weeks in advance, spontaneity resulted in an afternoon of learning and fun.

THURSDAY-
I spent the evening with the Worship Arts team at church. Watching as they rehearsed for Sunday morning. I danced in the wings and on the stage throughout the practice and envisioned next steps. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to watch these great people interact and prepare. Blessed.

FRIDAY-
I wanted to get checked out before I began the more intense training for this triathlon. Today I visited the doctor and went over the test results from my blood work. Everything looks great and I was given the green light to physically exert myself. Her words of wisdom; drink lots of fluids and stretch, stretch, stretch.
Tonight hubby and I will be dropping our kids off to the church and going out on a date with another couple. I am looking ofrward to it.

From one who rarely schedule's anything...the next month is booked. WHo knows what it will do to my blogging. Until next time, BE BLESSED!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun stuff!