Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Water

"I used to think I had the world's best bladder, now I know I have lived life dehydrated."-Momteacherfriend

Water. It is my favorite drink. And for most of my life I have not drank enough of it. Kidney and gall stones attest to that fact. Which I do not recommend you go seeking after. It has been three years since my last one but I can go the rest of my life without another one. To me they are worse than natural child birth. The pain level is slightly higher than that of transition pains except they do not follow a natural rhythm of intensity. It can hit and stay strong for long periods of time. Unlike child birth, there are no rewards at the end. No, I do not consider a small fleck of white stone to be a reward. After experiencing these pains, it was brought to my attention that the number one cause of them is dehydration. And I had mastered living life dehydrated.

I have gone in seasons of drinking enough, most of my life not enough and am currently entering into the time of plenty. Who knew you would have to make so many trips to the bathroom after drinking a half gallon of water? Who knew? Probably many of you who take care of your bodies. I never understood before why others had to stop on long trips. For most of my life I could seriously go 12 hours without using the restroom and be perfectly fine. Not dancing around or squirmish in pain. Now, I am trying to be conscience of my fluid intake and that makes me a bit more observant of where public restrooms are located.

Water. Usually tasteless. Yet in the city with over chlorination and additives, it does have a taste. In the country, well water, you can taste the extra minerals. At my sister-in-laws, the water is the BEST! Smooth. She has the coolest water filter....EVER! A Berkey. And I too will be an owner of a Berkey sometime in the near future. It is high on my list of investments. The thing is amazing. It can filter anything and everything out of water. I do believe you could pee in the thing and be able to drink it. Take it down to the Grand River (known for its pollution) and filter the water through and be able to drink it. Tax return cometh and Berkey I buyth.

I am tired of living life dehydrated. It robs me of strength. It makes me tired. It is not good for my body. It compromises my organs function, including but not limited to my kidney's, gall bladder and skin. I can drink more water because I can do all things through Christ. Including drink more, the good stuff that is. WATER!

3 comments:

Mindy Richmond said...

Ahh, water. It's the miracle drink. Does a body good. I think you will find that when you are drinking more water the pounds will come off much easier.

Also, I would highly recommend buying some special water bottles for the kids so they can get in the habit of drinking more water too!

Kari said...

yes, i am a huge advocate of water too.
I found a cool website a long time ago about water, not sure what it was, but I found this one and it is good too.
http://www.betterwayhealth.com/drinking-water.asp
I like the link called "Your body's many cries for water"
Some stuff that many people don't realize. And once you read, it makes sense. Allergies, asthma, back pain, arthritis, migraines...

This Journey of Mine said...

You go girl. I have upped my water intake too over the last couple of weeks. I see such a difference in doing so. The added pleasure of restroom stops is happening in my house too! I just added Vit B to my nutrition intake which has caused going to the "little girls" room to be a game for myself. How long until I can get rid of the highlighter yellow? Sorry, I probably just announced WAY too much info.... but you DID right about your bathroom habits!!!