Friday, December 22, 2006

Miracles In the Night

Driving home from the YMCA my son fell asleep. Not uncommon, it was dark and just after 8PM. We got home and I carried him in and plunked him on my bed. I am not fond of his loft bed in moments like these. I can climb the ladder with him and hurl him over the edge but last night I chose not to. He woke up enough to throw off his shoes and coat, then went right back to sleep. I got little girl around for bed, read to her and tucked her in. Later I went in to tuck DS in. As I did so I felt intense heat as I kissed his head. Fever and he was hot. When my kids run fever they tend to run on the hot side. Often freaking their mother out. I went about the house looking for the thermometer. I could not find it. As I am going about I am praying, Lord, help me find the thermometer. To which he replies, "Why do you want it?" Because I want to know his temp so I can monitor him. To which he replied, "It's a 103." Lord, can I still find the thermometer to confirm that. To which he replied, "Go pray over your son, his temp is 103, trust me."
So I went in and laid hands on him, he felt at least 103 and began to pray. I placed my anointed hanky around his neck and continued to pray. He stirred once, looked at me, and went back to sleep. I confessed healing over him asking that the Holy Spirit would align every cell, tissue and organ to complete and proper function. That his white blood cells would rise to fight for him. That the Holy Spirit would heal him completely and wholly taking the fever from him. And that he would awake in the morning with a normal body temp. That all sickness would be gone. I kissed his burning head again and went to bed myself.
A few hours later, my dear son rolled over to my side, bumping me and waking me up. I felt his head and it was no longer hot. I checked again to be sure. Normal. I began praising God out loud. Thank you Lord, Praise you, You are good. You heal. Thank you! My son stirred and looked at me, I told him that God had made him better and he went right back to sleep.
When I woke up this morning I kissed his sweet head as I got out of bed and it was cool. Absolutely positively NO FEVER!!!
My miracle in the night....PRAISE GOD!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad. What an answered prayer.

Here is something I struggle with, and you can email me the answer if you wish because I'm sure it's a long thing but it's something that's been on my mind lately.

I don't understand the balance between praying in faith (for instance that God would heal your son) and praying His will. What if His will were for your son to get even sicker, than what good does it do to pray in faith? Or are they supposed to work together? I see them as two seperate things.

Even if you want to answer here so others can read, you might remind me at kiliblog@cox.net to come back and read it as Christmas is around the corner I might forget!

mommyofangels said...

Praise God... He is so good. Wow. I'm still in shock that you didn't give him Tylenol.

P.S. Kili has expressed my thoughts as well.

This Journey of Mine said...

Totally awesome! I am so excited that God healed your son! And your step of faith and listening to Him was perfect! You rock for your obedience! He rocks for His healing hands!
Awesome...Awesome...Awesome!!!