Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Poor Timing

With school done for the day we decided to bike over to my parents house. The sun was shining, it was warm. It was beautiful. We made our way over and spent some time outside looking at the birds at the feeders and the kids climbed and ran about.
I noticed a few gray clouds moving in so I went in to check the Doppler. It looked minimal and north of us so I had a seat and talked with my Dad for awhile. Perhaps too long. The time came for us to leave and my Mom looked out the window. Uh oh. It's raining. Doh. We clipped on our helmets and made the determination that we needed to get home. The boy thought it was funny to sit on a wet seat. I explained to the girl, peddling behind me on the tag along that we were going to get wet and we would deal with it when we got home. She seemed content with that. I bucked it up, in a t-shirt and workout shorts. It was so cold. The air temp had dropped drastically and the actual temp of the rain was so cold. Thankfully the kids both had on long sleeves and were sheltered from the numbing wind and rain. It took us about 15 minutes to get home and I was peddling away trying to get there as fast as possible without leaving the 6 year old behind. Thankfully he can keep up. We pulled into the shed and it appeared that the clouds were thinning and perhaps the rain would be stopping soon. Oh well.
We got inside put on warm sweats and stayed in for the rest of the evening.

I think this experience took the "possible wind/rain jacket for the bike" and moved it up on the priority list.

No comments: