Monday, April 16, 2007

Now He Knows The Rest of the Story

I have been waiting for the day my son figured out his middle name. He knows how to say it, he knows how to spell it, and now today he knows what it means.
As he came in from outside I asked him to spell his middle name. After supplying the first letter ha rattled it off. E-S-P-N
Do you know what it means?
No
It's a Sports channel.
Laughs
No really it is.
Really?
Yes
Laughs again
I told him how daddy liked it and how I agreed because in another language it means God Bearer. Then I said really in America it means Entertainment Sports Programming Network. It is a channel on TV that has sports.
Laughs with eyes wide in disbelief.
What do you think?
Cool.
I think God must have known you were going to be a sports kid to be named after a sports channel.
YEAH!
What kind of parent would name their kid after a sports show?
I don't know.
Yours!

Now he wants to watch HIS channel. Ah- He also got the 411 about the do-do-do sound effect that accompanies the name.

3 comments:

Sooze said...

If we had another boy, we were going to give him the same middle name!!

Anonymous said...

How fun!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. You told me that but I'd forgotten that.