Friday, March 31, 2006

What's Black and Red All Over?

If I would have had the presence of mind to take a picture, I would have. My son came to me and said, "come." No explanation; nothing else. DH said that can't be good if he won't tell you why. So I follow him to the basement...down the stairs. Then I see it. PAINT. EVERYWHERE! Black oozing paint puddled on the carpet. There stands my dear little girl hands bright red envision a surgeon. Red paint puddled on the table. Smeared on chairs.
I pick up DD holding her away from my body and shoot upstairs to wash her off. My neice following seems to have a little bit of black on her hands but nothing major. I wash hands. Take off clothes. Notice that neice had paint on the bottow of her jammies. Put them both into the bath tub. Paint had found it's way into their hair.
I go back down to try to clean up. I sop up as much black ooze as I can. Thank God I still had the steam cleaner I am borrowing. I get that set up and plug it in...nothing. I call DH onto the scene and he takes over with the steam cleaner. I finish getting little girls cleaned up. Washing their hair. With them safely out of the tub. I resume clean-up. I took a box of baby wipes; wiping down chairs and table. Many, many wipes later. It was done.

Now I need to find the key to the art supply cabinet...that baby is going to be LOCKED.

4 comments:

Mindy Richmond said...

WOW! What a mess!

T said...

What? You're locking the baby in the art cabinet? No, I must have read that wrong. But, don't tempt me. I've had to clean up my fair share of paint messes.
I am im love with tose Mr Clean magic erasers. They really work for cleaning pencil, crayon, marker, etc off everything. Don't ask how I know. But I 've tested them MANY times.

Anonymous said...

I laugh. Out loud.

But I have been there. (or close to it) And I sure wasn't laughing then.

Anonymous said...

how funny! my time is coming i just know it....for now, all of our art supplies are in my walk in closet for lack of room anywhere else.