Monday, February 20, 2006

Hotel

The kids and I stayed at a hotel last night. My aunt and uncle from Maryland were up visiting for the weekend. (My cousin's kids were baptized.) So we decided to make the most of their visit we would get a room at the same hotel they were at. We spent the afternoon swimming and chatting. The kids had a blast. DS loves to swim so any chance he can get to be by the water....he's there. We got THE LAST ROOM in a three story hotel. I was going to make reservations last week but decided to hold of to make sure my aunt made it up. Since the snow storms would be the only thing to keep her from coming, and snow was possible. Anyway, we were told there were no more rooms and I left. I came back a few minutes later to see if there was a waiting list. We could hang out with my aunt until we knew wether or not there was a room for us. She did have one room so we took it. It was a single bed handicap room. We made it work. I know some people don't like to spend time with family. I love to spend time with family. I am refreshed by it. I enjoyed our conversation. I won Apples to Apples! (Smiling) Other's got some great pictures (my battery pooped on me.) It was a day well spent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree about great day .. well spent.