Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Dream Home

In many ways I am living in my dream home. I am very content here. I had my babies here; literally! Not too big nor too too small. We have a big back yard with plenty of room to play. The neighborhood kids are a little older than my own but they flock here anyways. That's what I have always prayed for; that our home would be a safe place for neighborhood kids to come. Some summer nights we have 10 kids in the backyard playing tag, obstacle course or "baseball." But part of me longs for the country. Fresh air. Farm animals, maybe some chickens and a goat. I like ranches maybe a four bedroom, two bath. I would LOVE a large kitchen. Front porch complete with swing. This sounds nice. Really though I am content living right here in this home we have...ALL MY LIFE.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm actually coming to terms with the same type of thing. I always wanted to live in the country and have horses, and I still do. But now that the kids are growing up here and we are making a life for ourselves here, I can feel the roots beginning to creep lower into Forest Meadows soil. I'm trying to feel that this is our home, and to love our home, but it still looks so much like Chris' parent's house that it's difficult. I think I will be more content when we can redo the inside to fit our personalities. So, this is not my "dream home". But it is ours. So I will embrace it.

Kari said...

Mark and I always talk about wanting, when our kids get older, to be the house that all the kids come to to hang out at.
Oh, and by the way, how did you have those kids naturally?! No drugs right?

momteacherfriend said...

We were blessed with incredible midwives. They encouraged, instructed and prayed. I know my midwives were praying for me while I was in labor and that was incredible...not to many docs do that. We also were surrounded by many family and friends that interceeded on our behalf. Funny thing is while labor was hard work and painful...it was nothing for me compared to pregnancy. I would take labor over 9 months, kidney stones, gall stones and cluster headaches anyday.
I loved my drug free home births.